It’s a good thing if your laptop is working at super speed. You can afford to multi-task and get things done quickly and efficiently. But it is not everyone, who has happy things to say about their laptop. Some laptops are so slow that you can practically fall asleep just getting it to boot. Are you having problems with your laptop? Is your laptop so slow that you can hardly get anything done? You can speed up your snail-crawling laptop in no time at all. Here are 8 reliable things that you can do right now.
1) Remove unnecessary software or programs: Your laptop has pre installed software and most of them are useless for you! It will be very good for your laptop’s performance to get rid of useless software programs from your system. Manufacturers advertise and pre install the trial versions of several software programmes in the brand new system, these programmes are also known as ‘bloatware’. The trial version software programmes or ‘bloatwares’ are not very useful! If you uninstall the unnecessary trial programs from your laptop, then it get rid of some memory occupying place from your system, and it will be very beneficial for your laptop’s speed and performance. So, make sure to get rid of unwanted programs from your laptop.
2) Remove Browser Cookies: If you have Internet access on your laptop, there is a high chance that your cookies are bugged. Every web page stores cookies on your laptop. And this is why you do not have to type a URL before the web address appears in your browser. You just type in the 1st 2-3 letters and the whole site pops out.
Web cookies are cool and save you time. But you should get rid of them because they pose a danger to your laptop’s speed. If you want to remove these cookies, click on ‘tools’ menu in Mozilla Firefox, scroll downwards to the drop down list and click ‘clear recent history’, inside the dialogue box that appears, you will see a section where you can get rid of cookies.
3) Drain the Bin: Think about it for a minute, when last did you empty your recycle bin? A recycle bin is a temporary storage bin and not a permanent one. So, all those files documents and folders that you have there need to be deleted forever from your hard drive. You can do a double check on all your files or documents in the bin, to be sure that you do not require anything before hitting the button.
If you empty your bin, the speed and performance of your laptop will definitely improve. Try it right now, it is simple and effective.
4) Avoid an Overcrowded Desktop: Do you save everything on your desktop? This is the fastest way to reduce your laptop to a snail’s speed. If you have separated or partitioned your disk, you should have the local D drive and C drive. Use the local D drive to save all your files and documents.
Do not save on a desktop because it goes to local C drive and slows down your laptop’s speed. A well apportioned and organized system enhances the pace and performance of a laptop.
5) Make use of important system tools: Important system tools like “Disk Defragmentation” are very important for proper organization of your system’s hard drive. Disk Defragmentation will help in proper optimization and organization of all the files and folders in your drives! It will keep the system drive tidy and will improve the performance of your laptop. You can access the Disk Defragmentation system tool from the control panel or the programmes menu. Go to start many and type ‘Defrag’ in the search box, you will get the option of “Defragment your hard drive”, click on it and follow the easy instructions in order to ‘defrag‘ your system’s hard drive.
6) Trim Down your Screen Resolution: If you have set a very brighter and high screen resolution for your laptop’s screen, then it will be very useful for your laptop’s performance as well as battery lifetime if you trim the resolution down a little bit. The laptop screen looks perfect on a 16-bit colours setting. The higher resolution setting takes more battery power as well as the precious system memory. So, it will be a good idea to keep the resolution medium or low for optimal performance of your laptop.
7) Killing the unnecessary processes softly: There are several programmes in your system that starts processing as soon as you start your system. Most of the processes have nothing to do with the system functionality. So, it will be a very good idea to get rid of the unnecessary processes that are functioning for no reason. In order to end the unnecessary processes go to taskbar, then right click and select task manager! In the task manager select the processes tab and start ending the unwanted processes that are of no use to your “going on” work. Just right click on the processes that you want to end.
If you don’t want to end the processes every time you start the laptop, then go to start menu and type ‘MSCONFIG’. Click the ‘MSCONFIG’ option and it will open the “System Configuration” window. In the system configuration select the ‘startup’ tab and uncheck all the unnecessary programmes that you don’t want to start processing automatically in the system startup!
8) Use a better browser: If you notice that your default browser is not quick and fast, then start using a better browser likes Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Most of you must be using Firefox or Google Chrome. But those who are not using the better browser, then it’s about time to use web browsers like Firefox or Google Chrome, because they are very quick and they do not slow down your system!
The above mentioned tips are very easy and quick way to increase the speed and performance of your laptop, and I hope it will help you to tweak your laptop for better performance. You can also increase the speed of your laptop by installing the extra RAM, but that’s a hardware related technique which will cost some money and a proper hardware installation process.